It's worth noting that I don't like vampires or werewolves so I won't be recommending any of those guys. Here is my list of must-reads for the young adult in all of us:
Dystopian Future stories-
- The Divergent series by Veronica Roth. I may have cried when I finished this series.
- Matched series by Ally Condie. I loved these books. You will too.
- I am Number 4 Series by Pittacus Lore. Making an exception to my anti-alien rule, I like these adventure stories.
- The Last Dragonslayer and Song of the Quarkbeast by Jasper Fforde. Quirky magical characters. Fforde is ffunny. I prefer this YA books to his adult ones.
- John Green's books. I love his characters. He hits all of the teen angsty stuff just right.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. Perfect first love misfit 1980's teen romance